Spokane Symphony Pops 4: Cherry Poppin’ Daddies
Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 8pm
MORIHIKO NAKAHARA, CONDUCTOR
Put on your zoot suit and swing with the energetic sounds of the Cherry Poppin’ Daddies, backed by the Spokane Symphony. This Eugene, Oregon-based band, established in 1989, set the bar for the neo-swing movement of the 1990s with their hit, Zoot Suit Riot. Enjoy the versatility of the Daddies’ music, riffing on early rock, mid ‘50s, hot jazz and Tin Pan Alley traditions, with some punk and ska tossed in. It’ll be a hot night with some cool cats!
WHAT’S INTERESTING ABOUT THIS CONCERT
- "Zoot Suit Riot," the hit that launched the Daddies to the forefront of the neo-swing movement, sold over two million copies in the United States
- The band was inducted into the Oregon Music Hall of Fame in 2009
MAKING CONCERTS FUN!
- Phones on and silent allowed
- Bring your drinks to your seats
- Clap when you like what you hear
Box Office: Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox, 1001 West Sprague Avenue
Open Monday through Friday from 10am to 5pm.
SUPPORT THE THEATER
Help us keep Spokane's Art Deco treasure shining!
With the restoration of this stunning venue comes the responsibility to properly maintain this award-winning, historic building. To support the continued success of this beautiful theater and vital community asset, please consider making a donation online today.